I speak from experience when I say I know how hard it is out in the dating world, especially for singles over the age of 40. I didn’t find the man of my dreams until I was 40. It wasn’t until I figured out that I had to get rid of my fear of never meeting anyone and follow these 5 tips that I finally met that perfect man (for me).
1. Put Yourself First: Remember why you are dating. The goal is not to “get a man”; it’s to give and experience love. If you want deeply to be with a man who does not value you, who does not treat you well, or who does not bring out the best in you as a person, then you might need to consider why you value him more than yourself. You matter. How he makes you feel matters. Whether you feel loved matters. What you think of him matters. Putting yourself first means that you never jump into a relationship with a man that isn’t right for you just so that you can avoid feeling lonely. Don’t try so hard to get a man that you lose yourself in the process.
2. Let Life Happen: Let life unfold as it was meant to. You may believe that you know what’s best for you (and what’s best for him), but in reality none of us know the greater plan that life has in store for us. Having faith that everything is happening as it was meant to-even if we don’t understand why-can help us accept and be at peace when a relationship breaks up, or when we don’t get the guy we wanted.
3. Live Now: Stop worrying about tomorrow. In order to successfully navigate the dating world, you must learn to take pleasure in the moment. All too often, I hear women say, “I wish I would have enjoyed being with him more while we were still together”. If you can’t enjoy the time you have with someone because you’re too focused on whether or not he’s going to propose, then you’re ripping yourself off. You can’t love someone when they are gone, so make sure you focus on giving him the love you feel RIGHT NOW. Don’t let an opportunity go by to show him how much you appreciate having him in your life.
4. Smile: Meeting a stranger’s eyes with a smile upon your lips is perhaps the single most important thing you can do to meet more men. Everyone loves a smile. A smile shows the world that you’re happy, friendly, and at peace with yourself. The most beautiful women in the world smile with their whole face. Who cares about laugh lines? Joy is irresistibly attractive.
5. See Opportunities Everywhere: If you believe that your world is full of opportunities to meet great men, I can promise you that you’ll meet fantastic men in the most random places. But if you have any doubts…if you believe that the men in your town aren’t good enough for whatever reason, or if you believe that you’re not pretty enough to get a man…you’ll find it hard to meet men. As long as you keep the possibility open that you will run into a fantastic man tomorrow, you’ll be on the lookout for great men walking past, or eating lunch next to you. You will be more likely to strike up a conversation with a stranger, knowing that there’s a possibility that he could be your dream man.